Re: Jake at 8 months/Zon Mom
Posted by Kitty.J on 3/09/06
On 2/26/06, Gail wrote:
> On 2/26/06, Zon Mom wrote:
>> Gail, go over to the Avian Biotech website & you will find other
>> options for sexing birds ( not by surgery! ) that are safe & a
>> lot less costly than thru a vet. It can be done by feather
>> testing as well as a blood sample ( you get a drop or 2 of blood
>> from a minor nail clipping, on a test card & send that in for
>> testing ). You really DO need to know if your bird is a male or
>> female, even if you don't plan on breeding. Females can & do lay
>> eggs when they mature ( even without a male bird in the house )
>> & can get egg bound & die if a owner doesn't realize what's
>> going on. So better to know now & plan ahead for a proper diet
>> change if your bird is a female & decides to start laying in the
>> Zon Mom
> Thanks, I checked out the website and will get the kets, then I'll
> take him to the avain vet to get the feathers. He is due for his
> next checkup anyway.
> I certainly don't want anything to happen to him/her.
> Maybe Jake will be Jakie.
lol. Well even if you don't want to breed him/her its always good to
know what type of sex your bird got, so you can properly address
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Jake at 8 months, 2/25/06, by Gail.
- Re: Jake at 8 months, 2/26/06, by Stacey.
- Re: Jake at 8 months/Stacey, 2/26/06, by Gail.
- Re: Jake at 8 months/Stacey, 2/26/06, by Zon Mom.
- Re: Jake at 8 months/Zon Mom, 2/26/06, by Gail.
- Re: Jake at 8 months/Zon Mom, 3/09/06, by Kitty.J.
- Re: Jake at 8 months/Zon Mom, 3/09/06, by Gail.