Follow us!
By:

Post: Vitamin A Toxicity?

Posted by MKay on 1/17/06

(1) Comments
Like
Share

    I just received a call from friends. Their parrot
    swallowed one of the owner's vitam A pills. I asked the
    dosage, she said it's 10 thousand units per capsule. I
    realize vitam A is fat soluble, and that taken in excess
    can cause toxicity. Does anyone know if one capsule will
    be damaging to a parrot? It's a caique; I believe it's
    7yrs old, eating sweet potatoes now; they said it happened
    a very short while ago. They're calling the vet--just
    wonder if I'd get a quick response here?



Posts on this thread, including this one
  • Vitamin A Toxicity?, 1/17/06, by MKay.