On 9/20/07, ljhassell wrote:
> Hi Tammy, sorry wasnt on for a few days-
> FIREPLACES - If you use a fireplace for heat in the winter
> and have an airtight home, please be sure to place carbon
> monoxide alarms in your home. I personally know of a case
> where a cockatiel became ill and so did the owners of the
> newer airtight home because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
> They were fortunate to be alive.
> On 9/17/07, Tammy B wrote:
>> Hi, I am getting a parrot soon. We heat with a wood stove
>> in our living room. Will it be safe to have the bird in
>> the same room? Sometimes when the door is opened to
>> refill the wood, some smoke comes out. Thanks.
We were also considering installing a wood stove but not sure
of the cons regarding our birds. If anyone with some
intelligence could offer some useful information, I'm sure it
would be greatly appreciated for both Tammy and myself.