Gah... I would not do that. Then what would the neighbors do?
They would most likely go and get two more parakeets
for "ornimantal" purposes. I would just call the athorities and
hold off being valient for a little while, just for the sake of
two possible little angels being placed back outside.
Call your local ASPCA orginization, or look the number up on
the internet. That would be better- or call your avian vet and
have them get involoved. Avian vets know more shelters and
animal lovers then we do who are more willing to act qiuckly.
Just bide your time for know. really, what are you going to do
if they buy more? buy those from them too?
On 9/21/05, Fran wrote:
> Jody, I agree with you 100&37;. I don't know what would cause
> someone to do something like that. Perhaps they have a dog
> or cat that threatens the birds, or perhaps they think the
> birds enjoy being outside. Or, they could just be "jerks"
> who bought the birds and now don't want to deal with them.
> I don't think it is good for the birds to be out exposed to
> the elements with no protection. They are definitely at risk
> of disease and predators. Not to mention the stress of being
> exposed in a hanging cage. And it is probably only a matter
> of time before something (hawk, racoon, etc) gets to them.
> Of course, they probably are on a terrible diet with a dirty
> cage, no toys or proper perches. (just a guess on my part).
> Unfortunately calling the authorities in a case like this
> rarely does any good. If I were you, and this is just me, I
> would offer to take the birds off their hands, even if it
> involves shelling out a small amount of money on your part.
> Be nice about it, no insults, just tell them you have seen
> the birds out and you would love to have them as company for
> your bird (lie and be nice!). If you are able to get them,
> then you can decide if they can live with you, or if not,
> find them a good home with someone you know can take proper
> care of them. Remember to keep them in a different room from
> your birds for at least 30 days if you decide to do this.
> Good luck and let me know what happens. Fran