Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/Laura J./Rowena
Posted by LauraJ on 12/14/05
On 12/14/05, Rowena wrote:
> On 12/03/05, LauraJ wrote:
>> On 12/03/05, jill wrote:
>>> i have a budgie baby that i fostered to another hen. i
>>> only gave her one because she didn't have a mate to feed
>>> her yet she insisted on laying eggs. i thought it might
>>> help her to raise one....well, she has done a super
>>> job...she keeps him fed and clean but he is 4 weeks old
>>> and his little legs are all sprawled out to the sides
>>> instead of under him. what can i do to help him? does this
>>> happen often? is it normal? i would hate to have to put
>>> him down but i don't want the little guy to suffer....any
>>> helpful advice would be appreciated...thanks in advance,
>> Hi Jill,
>> Your baby has what is commonly called splay leg. This is
>> caused by several things but sounds like mama bird sat too
>> tight on him because she only had one egg. I have included a
>> link on splay leg and several ways of correcting it. You
>> stand a pretty good chance of success because the chick is as
>> young as it is. Good luck.
> Hi LauraJ,
> Just thought I'd let you know that I visited the splay leg
> site. It made a lot of sense, he had some good information
> Thanks for putting out there.
Your welcome. I hope Jill found it useful and maybe she will post
an update on the baby budgie soon.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- HELP!! baby not standing yet, 12/03/05, by jill.
- Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet, 12/03/05, by LauraJ.
- Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/Laura J., 12/14/05, by Rowena.
- Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/Laura J./Rowena, 12/14/05, by LauraJ.
- Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/Laura J./Rowena, 12/15/05, by JILL.
- Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/JILL, 12/15/05, by LauraJ.
- Re: Re: Re: HELP!! baby not standing yet/JILL, 12/15/05, by JILL.