Re: reluctant veggie eater
Posted by Meeko's Mom on 1/20/07
On 1/18/07, Cheri wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Meeko's Mom wrote:
>> On 1/18/07, Lucy wrote:
>>> we adopted a 3 yr old tiel about 6 months ago, she's
>>> settled into the family nicely and we'd like to get her to
>>> eat veggies. She's came on a seed diet and we left it
>>> while she adjusted to us. we've tried alot of things and
>>> the only veggie she seems to occasionally like is
>>> carrots. is it time to play hard ball and take her seeds
>>> away during the day? any tips on tried and true favorites?
>> I converted my tiels to Zupreem Natural pellets with no
>> problems at all. Not even from my hard core seed junkies.
>> I had one given to me, his ONLY diet was sunflower seeds !
>> But, cannot get any of them to eat fruit or veggies.
> Hi,,just what I do..my tiels love when I hang greens from the
> cage on like a clip ,, they love to chew on them I also just
> stick a flower of broccoli there in between the bars with
> flower part in the cage. they dont seem to eat it as much in a
> dish as when I just stick it in the bars... I know mine like .
> peas, corn,and Lima beans and bananna chips also.. but I never
> pull there main diet away.
I tried sticking broccoli in the cage bars yesterday. They ATE
it ! They would never eat anything out of the dish. Thanks,
great suggestion !!
Posts on this thread, including this one
- reluctant veggie eater, 1/18/07, by Lucy.
- Re: NEVER remove seed. , 1/18/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/18/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/18/07, by Cheri.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater/converted?, 1/18/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/20/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/23/07, by Bill R.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/26/07, by Bill R.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater, 1/27/07, by Debbie.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater/pb, 1/27/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater/pb, 1/27/07, by Ellen.
- Re: reluctant veggie eater/pb, 1/27/07, by Toby's Mom.