Re: keep or not to keep?
Posted by annette on 5/12/06
On 5/09/06, Fran wrote:
>> I dont know if I want to subject her to injections. Is that safe? And
>> is it healty so put her through that? I've heard of the injections,
>> but I dont know like how often she would have to go and get them and
>> such. I guess I just dont like the idea of having to subject her to
>> something like that if I can find an alternative. I have a realy good
>> vet and so I'm not worried that way. It just seems kind of harsh when
>> shes not laying eggs, she just wants to mate. My husband and I had
>> talked about getting her a playmate but shes (not to my knowledge
>> anyway) ever liked other birds. From what I was told she goes after
>> them. We have to keep our teil away from her as well or she tries to
>> bite. So we figured a playmat was out of the question. I'm just not
>> sure what to do anymore.
> Well Annette, since you mentioned getting rid of your bird, I figured
> you were getting to the point of desperation. I think the injections
> would be less stressful for her than passing her on to another owner.
> Anyway its your call if you want to discuss it with your vet or not.
I guess it wont hurt to look into it. I love her dearly and only want to
do whats right for her.(even if I dont like it doesnt always mean it not
good for her) Our house has been extremly quite the past few days as we
had to put one of our dogs down due to an infection she got. My too and
her were close. So the past few days she has been very quite, the whole
house has. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the advise.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- keep or not to keep?, 5/05/06, by annette.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/05/06, by Susan.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/06/06, by Toby's Mom.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/06/06, by Anette.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/06/06, by trisha.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/07/06, by Fran .
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/09/06, by Anette.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/09/06, by annette.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/09/06, by Fran.
- Re: keep or not to keep?, 5/12/06, by annette.