Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other
Posted by Sally on 1/04/07
Thanks Meeko's Mom. Now I put them back together without the
nestbox. They get along great. They preen each other. I
don't know why they fight when they have the nestbox. They
looks like a pair. Male is bigger than the female. They both
might be females
On 1/02/07, Meeko's Mom wrote:
> On 1/02/07, Sally wrote:
>> I just got a pair of imported Goffin Cackatoo. I was told
>> they were proven. First they seem to be ok in the same
>> cage. Two days after I introduced them the nest box, they
>> started to fight each other badly. I think they both are
>> males. I wonder sexing the cockatoo by the color of their
>> eys is 100&37; accurate. I put them in seperate cage now.
>> They seem to like each other when they are in seperated
>> cages sit next to each other. Thanks for any input.
> Sexing by the eye color is not 100&37; accurate. Get a DNA
> done !!
> I was sold a "PROVEN" pair of Mexican RedHead Amazons....
> the male almost killed the female. ( broke her wing & beak)
> After contacting the girl that sold them to me, she then
> admitted that they were NOT proven. After tracing their leg
> bands, I discoverd that he was a pet & she was a breeder,
> that had been passed from home to home, sold as a "proven
> pair". I separated them, & sold them to 2 DIFFERENT homes.
> He is now the PET he deserves to be, & she was sold as a
> breeder. (only after she was completey healed)
> Good luck with your Goffins.
> Meeko's Mom
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/02/07, by Sally.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/02/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Sally.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Jo-Ann.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/13/07, by Mercedez.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/13/07, by Kitty.