Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other
Posted by Meeko's Mom on 1/04/07
On 1/04/07, Jo-Ann wrote:
>>> Sexing by the eye color is not 100&37; accurate. Get a DNA
>>> done !!
>>> I was sold a "PROVEN" pair of Mexican RedHead Amazons....
>>> the male almost killed the female. ( broke her wing & beak)
>>> After contacting the girl that sold them to me, she then
>>> admitted that they were NOT proven. After tracing their leg
>>> bands, I discoverd that he was a pet & she was a breeder,
>>> that had been passed from home to home, sold as a "proven
>>> pair". I separated them, & sold them to 2 DIFFERENT homes.
>>> He is now the PET he deserves to be, & she was sold as a
>>> breeder. (only after she was completey healed)
>>> Good luck with your Goffins.
>>> Meeko's Mom
> Meeko's Mom, it's nice to see some people with a conscience and
> took the initiative to make a wrong right. Too bad the people
> before you didnít do the right thing. Both birds would have
> spent more time doing what they should have been instead of
> being miserable.
> Kudos to you!
Thanks !! I don't know how she ever survived !! I traced their
leg bands back to 4 different homes before mine. (all in a matter
I hate that I got "ripped off" by the seller. But, I knew that I
had to do the right thing !! I still keep in touch with the
people that bought both birds.... they are doing GREAT. I'm
attaching a photo of the female. Sad huh? I named her Betty Lou,
after my mother-in-law, that was injured in the hands of a nursing
home.... the new owner kept her name.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/02/07, by Sally.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/02/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Sally.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Jo-Ann.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/04/07, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/13/07, by Mercedez.
- Re: Goffin Cockatoo fighting each other, 1/13/07, by Kitty.