Re: cockatoo not hand tame
Posted by valerie on 10/31/07
On 10/31/07, john samples wrote: GREAT NEWS Benny stepped up on me
for the first time without a towel !!!! He also got off his cage for
the first time and was playing on the floor with news paper !!! WOW
> hi, i have a cockatoo that i got at 2 months old and from what i
> have seen they act like they are going to attack if the are scared
> or when they are playing with you it is hard some times to tell
> one from the other but with time you will be able to tell.
> he has to bond with you and that might take some time but when he
> does he will trust olny you so make sure you reealy want him for
> the rest of you life because they live around 100 years,
> On 10/19/07, valerie wrote:
>> On 10/11/07, janet wrote: i live in pa
>>> On 10/01/07, Susan wrote:
>>>> Patience, patience, patience.
>>>> There are several training manuals out there...research them
>>>> as much as you can, and then do what works out best for you
>>>> and your guy. Where are you located?
>>>> On 10/01/07, valerie wrote:
>>>>> I got a male m cockatoo , that was locked in a dark basement
>>>>> for 7 years . I just wanted him out of that nasty place !!
>>>>> can anyone tell if they think he will ever learn to step up
>>>>> and be more hand tame ? I work with him everyday he loves
>>>>> kisses on his head and loves to be petted on his head. He
>>>>> does NOT bit but acts like he could .
Posts on this thread, including this one
- cockatoo not hand tame, 10/01/07, by valerie.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/01/07, by Susan.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/02/07, by Mj.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/08/07, by valerie.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/11/07, by janet.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/19/07, by valerie.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/31/07, by john samples.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 10/31/07, by valerie.
- Re: cockatoo not hand tame, 12/07/07, by Harvey.