Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs
Posted by Judi on 5/08/10
On 9/29/09, Randy wrote:
> On 5/29/09, Cockatina wrote:
>> On 5/29/09, carlos wrote:
>>> I have a problem with a Cockatoo ,,,she is more than 7 years
>>> and is laying egg on the floor now,,why she is doing that
>>> when she dont have a male.....What i have to do or give to
>>> her so she can stop doing that?????
>> Carlos, a female cockatoo doesn't need a male to lay eggs.
>> The eggs will, of course, not be fertile.
>> Don't remove the eggs;this will only encourage her to lay
>> Let her sit on the eggs until she becomes bored with them as
>> they will never hatch.
>> Also, make sure her diet is rich in calcium so as to not
>> become egg bound.
> just wondering if ALL females lay eggs..i have a mollucan that
> i "thought" was a female because of the eyes have never sexed
> her...i "thought" in time she would lay eggs even if they
> wernt fertil....but now after 10 years NO eggs....maybe i have
> a male???lol pleaseee help....
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/29/09, by carlos.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/29/09, by Cockatina.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/29/09, by Carlos.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/30/09, by Cockatina.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/31/09, by TheParrotPantry.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 9/29/09, by Randy.
- Re: Cockatoo--Laying eggs, 5/08/10, by Judi.