Re: Holes in Clothes
Posted by Emily on 5/02/06
Birds naturally chew on the trees they land on and that is
just inbred in them. I just always put on a shirt that I know
isn't a good shirt. Also my little stinker loves to poop all
over my shirt so we have named them "poop shirts" lol. I
rescued my conure (a nanday) when she was four years old. She
had already been passed along to four different homes. The
last home the wife of the owner of her was going to kill her
with bug spray. I say that woman was a wicked witch. When
Curtygirl first saw me she came right onto my shoulder and
told me hello. We have not been apart since. That was 7
years ago. I have had to overcome a lot of the mistreatment
that others did to her. But I never loose my temper with her
even when she has drawn blood.
Becky just make sure you have enough toys in your birds cage
that they can chew on. My bird loves those little wooden
stars on rawhide ropes. She also loves those natural branches
that are made of that really hard wood with an attachment that
screw onto the side of the cage. Hope it helps.
On 4/27/06, Meeko's Mom wrote:
> Not much you can do about that. I have holes in some of my
> favorite shirts. (learn not to wear your favorite clothes
> while holding them) LOL
> Meeko's Mom
> On 4/27/06, Becky wrote:
>> I bought a sun conue a few weeks ago because the other
>> owners did not have time to have him out of his cage at
>> all. Well he loves to be out but the only thing he wants
>> to do is to put holes in our clothes and he can do it
>> fast. What if anything can be done to discourage it. I
>> have tried putting him in the cage every time he does but
>> that has not helped. He quits every time we say no bite
>> but within a minute or so he is doing it again like he
>> forgot we don't like it.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Holes in Clothes, 4/27/06, by Becky.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 4/27/06, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/02/06, by Emily.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/02/06, by Becky.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/02/06, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/03/06, by Becky.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/03/06, by Birdmom.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/04/06, by Rick .
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/04/06, by Meeko's Mom.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/04/06, by Becky.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 5/14/06, by Jane.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 6/03/06, by Einstein.
- Re: Holes in Clothes, 6/03/06, by Phil/wild.