Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure
Posted by Teresa on 5/13/07
I have a Patagonian Conure who is doing the same thing. This has
been going on for three weeks. She has started to lose weight and
I can't get her to stop. I have even tried to find her a mate and
can't find one. Everyone has told me that it is breeding season
and she is doing this for attention. I can't get her to stop. I
am offering her pellets, seed mix, fresh and dried fruits and
veggies, macroni and dry cereal. What else can we do to stop this
behavior? The vet saids it is behavioral and I need to stop her.
He didn't tell me how.
On 5/01/07, Connie wrote:
> Lora's right. When birds breed, the male will chew the food
> and regurgitate it and feed it to the female. It's his way of
> providing for her, loving her and doing his part. Since he
> loves you, he wants to feed you and provide for you,
> especially this time of year. I would tell him no too and not
> worry about it. He'll stop eventually, especially when mating
> season is over. Just consider it like poopie. You just wipe it
> off and go on. Lots of luck.... Connie
> On 4/30/07, Lora wrote:
>> Its perfect normal, he loves you, birds that are bonded or
>> mated feed each other its LOVE! I tell my cockatoo no I am
>> not hungry to discourage it. Its so spring! Hormones are
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Regurgitating Sun Conure, 4/30/07, by Deborah.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 4/30/07, by Lora.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 5/01/07, by Connie.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 5/13/07, by Teresa.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 5/18/07, by Teresa.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 5/18/07, by Debbie.
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 8/02/07, by Glynis .
- Re: Regurgitating Sun Conure, 8/02/07, by Debbie.