Re: So... What is a green finch? And this can breed w/Zebra?
Posted by Stacy on 7/11/05
How much of a natural melody is it? I have a Zebra that just
twiters up a storm- but I do not know if finches can
interbreed. Is it possible to breed, say, a star finch and a
On 7/11/05, Michael L wrote:
> On 7/11/05, Stacy wrote:
>> Some lady out of the blue called me today wanting a green
>> finch. Before I can sell one- I need to know what it is...
>> Is it a zebra mutation? Or just a mutation of some other
>> grass finch? The only thing I keep thinking of is the finch
>> that fell into my sea green water color and was stained
>> green until he molted.
> She was on the right track but didn't give you the full name.
> It is known as the Green Singing Fnch, (Serinus Mozambicus).
> It is a hard to come by bird, but they do have a beautiful
> song, much like the domestic canary, but with more of a
> natual melody and not a trained/structured song like the
> Another bird which is very similar and which I used to raise
> is the African Yellow Canary, (Serinus Flaviventris), which
> is know for it's beautiful song also. They are much
> prettier, in my opinion as the males are more yellow than the
> Green Singers. I've included a picture of a male and
> juvenile babies.
> If you are unaware, green in any of your canary-type birds is
> not a literal green, but various shades of yellow.
> Michael L
Posts on this thread, including this one
- So... What is a green finch?, 7/11/05, by Stacy.
- Re: So... What is a green finch?, 7/11/05, by Michael L.
- Re: So... What is a green finch? And this can breed w/Zebra?, 7/11/05, by Stacy.
- Re: So... What is a green finch? And this can breed w/Zebra?, 7/11/05, by Michael L.
- Re: Where can I find more information?, 7/11/05, by Stacy.
- Re: Where can I find more information?, 7/11/05, by Michael L.