Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg
Posted by Elizabeth on 6/24/06
Call around and see if any group will take your finch and treat
it. You will have to give it over to them but it is better than
your bird being in pain not being treated.
I understand budgets just fine, we all have them - but I can tell
you the bird is in pain...and the pain and leg needs to be
See if your local bird club has anyone who does rescue - some of
the rescue people know vets who are more likely to set up payment
plans or you can see about them adopting your finch.
On 6/21/06, Fran wrote:
> On 6/21/06, Amy wrote:
>> My Zebra Finch, Libby, escaped from the cage today and fell
>> from a great height after hitting the wall and has broken her
>> leg from the top. I have read what Fran had to say and the
>> response included however i also can not afford to go to the
>> vets and as the leg has been broken from the very top of the
>> joint i feel that using a straw splint will be an impossible
>> task. Can anyone help me on this matter regarding Libby. Thank
> Amy, what do you want to hear? The only advice is to take your
> poor bird to an avian vet and let them treat her. Ask to set up
> payments, most vets will do this. Even if you can only pay
> $10.00 or $15.00 a month. Please take proper care of your bird
> and do the right thing.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- I have a Finch with a broken leg, 7/15/05, by Diana.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 7/18/05, by Fran.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 6/21/06, by Amy.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 6/21/06, by Fran.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 6/24/06, by Elizabeth.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 6/25/06, by Kitty.J.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 7/19/06, by Sonoma.
- Re: I have a Finch with a broken leg, 7/27/06, by Sonoma.