Re: My Canary is still not singing
Posted by KittyJ on 12/07/06
On 11/21/06, Kitty.J wrote:
> On 11/21/06, Debby wrote:
>> My guess is that you have a female canary. Most females only
>> let out what I call a squeek, Your canary should be singing
>> now. The only time a male will not sing is when he is
>>> I got a baby male canary in May and he's still not
>>> singing. He makes a lot of squeeky immature type of
>>> singing but not the real canary song. I'm not sure if he
>>> is a she since I really did have a hen that sang better
>>> than most males. I though that males started to sing
>>> pretty quickly. Any advice would be appreciated.
> If it was a Baby, and less than several month old. He may of
> needed another male to teach him a song. When I seperated my
> baby zebra finches (the last tiem I did breed which was over a
> yr ago) I placed them neara pair of my society finches, so my
> zebra finches learned a society finch song, soo cute and weird
> comming out of their mouths. But that is only a suggestion, I
> havent kept Canarie sbefore, but want to someday, they are
> sooo beautiful! G'luck
Also if you want to help your canary to learn to sing. Go to
youtube.com and type in Singing Canaries and play singing
canaries to the bird so he know how to make up his songs.. do it
several times throughout the day.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- My Canary is still not singing, 11/20/06, by Ellie.
- Re: My Canary is still not singing, 11/21/06, by Debby.
- Re: My Canary is still not singing, 11/21/06, by Kitty.J.
- Re: My Canary is still not singing, 12/07/06, by KittyJ.
- Re: My Canary is still not singing, 12/07/06, by Debbie.
- Re: My Canary is not singing, 5/16/07, by abdul.
- Re: My Canary is not singing, 5/26/07, by KJ.
- Re: My Canary is not singing, 5/26/07, by Curley.