Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey
Posted by Pete on 10/14/07
Diane Speak to the lady that has the Bird, not your young
daughter who wants the Bird.
On 10/13/07, Diane wrote:
> Thank you for your response. My daughter says the lady that
> owns the grey says it has never bitten anyone and she has
> children that it is good with. My concern is that when
> sexually mature that will change. Are all greys unpredictable
> and nippy? Would she be better off with a red-bellied?
> On 10/13/07, Pete wrote:
>> I do not understand why you are looking for a three
>> old Bird, but I`m sure you know? Greys in general are not
>> reliably friendly around children. A three year old Bird
>> would have a history behind it that could be good or very
>> for your Grand-child? Greys are not particularly cuddly at
>> three and if he lunges at her,it could injure the child. The
>> Timneh Grey is more calm and reliable than the Congo Grey,
>> but a child would still have to be supervised at all times.
>> make my Grand-kids wear safety glasses when they play with
>> birds. Even with supervision, the birds are fast and could
>>> My daughter is looking to purchase a 3 year old male
>>> african grey (congo) and my 7 year old grandaughter is in
>>> the house. Is a grey a safe bird to have around
>>> children? If supervised of course. Any info on congos I
>>> can pass on to her would be greatly appreciated!
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Wanting to purchase an african grey , 10/12/07, by Diane.
- Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey , 10/13/07, by Pete.
- Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey , 10/13/07, by Diane.
- Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey , 10/14/07, by Pete.
- Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey , 10/20/07, by Mikey.
- Re: Wanting to purchase an african grey /Mikey, 10/22/07, by ctherose.