Re: air cleaner
Posted by kinger on 10/23/08
On 10/16/08, Barb wrote:
> On 10/10/08, GreyLady wrote:
>> On 10/10/08, Barb wrote:
>>> I currently have an Oreck air cleaner that is not
>>> helping my allergies with the dust from my grey. If I
>>> invest in another type of air cleaner can anyone recommend
>>> what works good for the powder dust that I'm allergic to??
>> You didn't say if it's HEPA filtered or not. If not, that
>> a must. Also, the closer it is to where you bird spends
>> of his time, that is best. Catch as much of it as possible,
>> as soon as possible. Another cheap way to help catch a
>> of it is to get a 20X20 inch box fan. Get the cheapest
>> furnace filters you can find at Lowes, HomeDepot, etc. Get
>> the 20X20 ones of course. Set one behind the fan so that it
>> is pulling the air through the filter as it circulates. You
>> will be amazed how much builds up on that filter very
>> quickly. When it loads up, trash it and go to a clean one.
>> For the one time investment of the fan and the few cents
>> for the fan, it's a very effective addition to regular air
>> filtering machines. Also making sure the bird gets regular
>> baths, showers or mistings, (which ever it prefers) will
>> help. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies in the diet and red
>> palm oil also helps. Good luck.
> thank you for your help! I did invest in a heppa air cleaner
> that will arrive on Monday, so hopefully that will help. My
> bird gets daily baths in the kitchen sink but I don't see it
> helping the dust, dander at all. I will try palm oil too.////
hi there/ grey lady what on earth are you doing with the red
Posts on this thread, including this one
- air cleaner, 10/10/08, by Barb.
- Re: air cleaner, 10/10/08, by GreyLady.
- Re: air cleaner, 10/16/08, by Barb.
- Re: air cleaner, 10/23/08, by kinger.
- Re: air cleaner, 10/27/08, by Rodney.
- Re: air cleaner/right, no oil on bird, 10/27/08, by GreyLady.
- Re: air cleaner, 11/27/08, by Randy.
- Re: air cleaner/right, no oil on bird, 11/27/08, by Randy.
- Re: air cleaner/right, no oil on bird, 11/27/08, by For Randy.
- Re: air cleaner/right, no oil on bird, 11/27/08, by The Petman.
- Re: air cleaner/right, no oil on bird, 11/28/08, by GreyLady.