Posted by Jim on 4/03/06
On 4/03/06, Alison wrote:
> On 4/03/06, Jim wrote:
>> Makes me feel very sad when people want to hack a birds feathers.
>> Sure a light trim if it is necessary but to make a bird bait for
>> other birds, and toys to eventually kill to cats and dogs if a
>> pet bird is unfortunate enough to get outside,is horrendous as it
>> cannot get away if humans decide to mutilate its feathers so it
>> cannot fly. Especially ground eaters re Galahs etc. these have no
>> chance of survival if they cannot fly at all. It seems strange to
>> me how people feel so sorry for handicapped children and people,
>> but think nothing of handicapping birds and many other cruel
>> things done to animals in the name of "the best thing for them".
>> I know what would be the best thing for the perpetrators of these
>> acts of cruelty.
> Oh and slaughtering them for being 'pests' like you do in your
> country of Australia isn't cruel? For those who don't know, it's
> called 'culling', it's the legal and licensed killing of Cockatoos
> in Australia because they are bothersome to the people of
> Australia. They are likened to how some people here feel about
> pigeons. You call us cruel for trimming the wings? At least we
> don't kill them like your country does! Get off your high horse,
> you have no right! Here is one article on culling, but there are
> plenty more that detail this horror that goes on in Australia.
> Some species have been so reduced in numbers by this killing, that
> they may never recover and are rare and close to extinction. And
> you dare accuse us of mutilating birds. -Alison-
Firstly I did not accuse any Nation of people. People are people and
when push comes to shove no one Country is a lot different to
another. I am in awe of the Bald Eagle but will not go into the near
extinction of this beautiful creation and the Buffalo and even in
relation to these, the eventual extinction of the native Indians.
I mean lets be honest Alison do people in your Country not shoot the
beautiful Deer just to have a set of antlers over the fire place?
and Bears? now that is another very sad story.
I do not wish to be disrespectful to any Country but every Country
has things which are not right done to animals and people by some,
but to blanket all people from any Country as perpetrators of these
acts is unfair anyway.
People who shoot Galahs and there are hundreds of thousands just in
the area here which is Victoria covering crops to the event they wipe
them out!!!!! and Sulphur Crested Cockys.? the paddocks and this is
where I live are white and the trees white with these but believe me
it is only with a Special Permit that these are allowed to be shot.
As far as extinction of Cockys. and Galahs I do not think so, lol and
that is a good thing but we have millions!!!One Town not too far from
where I live has been wiped out and that is not just the crops but
most homes with any wood exposed and bridges and it goes on and on
because of millions of Corellas. The place looks like a bomb exploded
Alison if any one of us wants to bring up a web site to tarnish the
people for bad behaviour for what it does to animals trust me any one
could "knock your socks off" with what I could show you and you would
not be happy!! so please do not be so disrespectful to Australians as
believe me "It could come back to bite you" but I am not going to
disrespect Americans (you apparently think only American people use
this bird board when you make a blanket statement.
I am not going to get into any more nastiness with you as believe me
it could get VERY nasty - you know as the saying "people who throw
stones" goes??? The strange thing is I have never said a bird if it
has to be kept inside should not have a few feathers trimmed but
abhor the mutilation which goes on by some people.
Re Guns!! We are only allowed to have a gun with a Special Permit
(which is not easy to obtain) and the only guns are a .22 rifle and
a shot gun and No automatics or pump actions so we sure a limited
compared to other Countries where "anything goes"!!!
It is around 6.30 a.m. and I am off to Uni. I am sure you will carry
it further with your nastiness but I much prefer to leave it at that
because some of the sites I, like you, could bring up are not nice
and not Australian (I am not saying all Australians are Saints but
trust me some other Countries and particularly one also has a lot to
Posts on this thread, including this one
- sheeesh, 4/01/06, by donna.
- Re: sheeesh/yeah that's what I say , 4/01/06, by Jim.
- Re: sheeesh, 4/01/06, by MKay.
- Re: sheeesh/yeah that's what I say , 4/01/06, by Gail.
- Re: Gail, 4/02/06, by Alison.
- Re: Please do not mutilate birds, 4/03/06, by Jim.
- Re: Please do not mutilate birds, 4/03/06, by Please, let's not start this one again..
- Re: Please do not mutilate birds, 4/03/06, by Bird Lover.
- Re: At least we aren't slaughtering them!, 4/03/06, by Alison.
- Re: At least we aren't slaughtering them! Alison and Jim, 4/03/06, by Fran.
- Re: Alison, 4/03/06, by Jim.
- Re: Please do not mutilate birds, 4/03/06, by Jim.
- Re: Please do not mutilate birds............................, 4/03/06, by .................
- Re: Clipping wings, 4/03/06, by Lora.
- Re: Clipping wings, 4/03/06, by Patsy.
- Re: Clipping wings/Lora, 4/04/06, by Debby.
- Re: Clipping wings/Lora, 4/04/06, by MKay.
- Re: Clipping wings/Lora, 4/04/06, by Terry.
- Re: Jim, 4/04/06, by Alison.
- Re: Clipping wings/Mkay, 4/04/06, by Debby.
- Re: I hate culling but it is a necessity, 4/04/06, by Jim.
- Re: sheeesh, 5/10/06, by Dina.
- Re: Clipping wings, 7/08/06, by Bob .
- Re: Clipping wings, 7/10/06, by to Lora.