Re: Bird toys
Posted by Mary on 1/18/07
My African grey's absolutely favorite is a roll of adding
machine tape, attached near a high perch, with a SS bolt. She
unrolls the paper to keep herself busy.
My Sun conure's favorite is some 3/8" x 4" craftwood, cut into
2" strips, drill a hole in the middle, and attached several near
a perch with a SS bolt. This is his favorite shredding toy.
I finally threw away many of the cute readymade toys I had
bought--neither bird wanted them.
>> My Umbrella Cockatoo's toys can cost a lot, but I
>> accidentally discovered his absolute favorite toy is a $2.88
>> lint roller. He throws it around his cage or the floor...he
>> can fetch it...it's hilarious. I only give it to him for a
>> couple minutes a day to keep it interesting.
>> I've also heard they love to destroy old paperback books. I
>> still need to test that one, but I'm sure they will since
>> they love my junk mail.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Bird toys, 12/29/06, by Debbie.
- Re: Bird toys, 12/29/06, by Jo-Ann.
- Re: Bird toys, 12/29/06, by Debbie.
- Re: Bird toys, 1/08/07, by Jolene.
- Re: Bird toys, 1/08/07, by Debbie.
- Re: Bird toys, 1/18/07, by Mary.
- Re: Bird toys, 2/06/07, by laura.