Re: Alex died
Posted by Mickie on 9/11/07
On 9/11/07, Marilyn wrote:
> I heard today that Alex, the African Gray from the
> University of Arizona (I think that's right) passed away.
> I feel like I lost a friend. His human co-workers found
> him dead in his cage on Thursday but didn't let word out
> until today so they would have time to grieve. Over 30
> years, Alex taught his researchers (and friends) much of
> what's known about avian brain and thought potential. I
> haven't written on a parrot chat board for years even
> though I have two Amazon parrots I love dearly. I will
> miss knowing Alex is around and wanted to share that with
> people who might miss him too.
Devastating, it was because of Alex that I got My African
Grey. I, too feel like I lost a friend. I can imagine how
hard this is for his collegues. He carried out his mission
well. I will miss reading about him.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Alex died, 9/11/07, by Marilyn.
- Re: Alex died, 9/11/07, by Mickie.
- Re: Alex died, 9/13/07, by RickAnal.
- Re: Alex died, 9/13/07, by Matt B.
- Re: Alex died, 9/13/07, by Tempest.
- Re: Alex died, 9/14/07, by karen.
- Re: Alex died, 9/14/07, by AJS.
- Re: Alex died, 9/14/07, by To Rick.
- Re: Alex died, 9/15/07, by ljhassell.