Re: Quaker talking ability
Posted by cheri on 4/12/07
On 4/03/07, Melanie Frank wrote:
> On 2/24/05, Sandra wrote:
>> I have a 1-1.5 year old quaker. At the moment he does not
>> talk much. He only imitates the words my Sun Conure says.
>> Will he be able to talk a lot more when he becomes an
> I have a 5 year old and she say (whatcha doin, good girl,
> pretty boy, step up, and a variety of whistles which she
> learns after hearing them only a couple of time) try a bird
> cd it have various words and phrase that repeat throughtout
> the cd. I put on when I leave for work for her to listen to
> and set it to repeat.
Hi Sandra... well I guess i will join in too!! I have my
quaker Kiwi ..love of my life.. lol he says Hi, Hello, thank
you, Please, Kiwi good boy, Kiwi bad boy, Meow....here kitty
kitty kitty. Santa, Stop it, he kisses and mimics like when
you stick your tounge out and make that noise, He says Bye bye
sugar pie. and much more.. all I do is just keep talking to
him every day... and then you can tell he practices and then
it just comes out.. One time he even said a swear word..I did
not encourage that and have never heard it again.. so with age
I think so just keep going and talking to your little love and
one day it just takes you by surprise.. I am working with my
mustache now . Hopefully she will surprise me.. My Jenday does
not say anything and My Goffin just mimics kissing.. ? So
needless to say Kiwi is the talker here. Good luck let us
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Quaker talking ability, 2/24/05, by Sandra.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 2/24/05, by Missy.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 2/24/05, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 2/24/05, by Sandra.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 2/25/05, by Verdell .
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 4/03/07, by Melanie Frank.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 4/12/07, by cheri.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 4/13/07, by viola.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 4/13/07, by Lou Ann.
- Re: Quaker talking ability, 4/13/07, by Kelly.
- Re: Quaker talking ability/audios, 4/15/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: Quaker talking ability/audios, 4/17/07, by Connie.