Follow us!
By:

Re: Non stick products do not have to be overheated to be le

Posted by davisscole on 3/12/06
(9) Comments
Like
Share

    On 3/12/06, LindaC in OK wrote:
    > then shame on you with the facts a part of life. Give your birds
    > a break and not have them where you are doing hair. Do you know
    > the polymer toxins collect in a birds throat and humans too then
    > on to the respiratory systems? No I would think your birds not
    > totally healthy. Non stick products do not have to be overheated
    > to be lethal. I refused to sell birds to different people that
    > wanted them for mascots for hair salons. Those people got an
    > education and were grateful for the information. Why you are
    > ignoring information before you I do not understand.
    >
    > Dupont is paying multi figure retributions because they caused
    > so many deaths, illnesses and birth defects. They are to have
    > their poly products phazed out by 2015 so it looks to me like
    > they were found guilty and they are with the proof before them
    > for so many years.
    >
    > When I first knew about non stick in the mid 1960's I wondered
    > what kind of damage it would cause and now we know. Dupont is up
    > to it's eyeballs in multi figure lawsuits and has been for a
    > long time. They settled many claims in the 60's with employees
    > that were pregnant then had babys with birth deformities. Did we
    > keep using it? Sure we did me included because it was 'easy' to
    > clean.
    >
    > About 5 weeks ago a dear friend of mine was using her one last
    > small sauce pan with non stick coating and did not over heat it
    > and did not leave it cooking alone BUT she walked in to her bird
    > room a short time later to find 7 birds dead. Necropsys proved
    > it was polymer toxins in the birds. There was a B&G that sang, A
    > green cheek conure that was one of the sweetest birds ever, One
    > of my own tiel babys that was 2 years old, a keet, a pair of
    > parrotlets and I just can't remember the other. No idea why it
    > didn't kill the other several birds but I know they were
    > affected. Big or small bird doesn't matter non stick kills.
    >
    > The month before she found a dear little parrotlet dead and the
    > necropsy showed irritated throat and this is what the polymer
    > fumes do. This tiny little precious ones system didn't have a
    > chance.
    >
    > People are affected as well with Polymer Flu but this is not
    > readily diagnosed with symptoms the same as regular flu. It
    > seems some have had extra testing done for this to be known.
    >
    > All I have left is stainless, glass and cast iron pots and pans.
    > I will not trust any of the other ones. If it is non stick of
    > any kind I won't trust it. For other products I research first
    > before bringing harm into my home to myself and my birds.
    >
    >
    > Non stick products do not have to be overheated to be lethal.
    >
    >
    >
    First, I dont' have birds in my salon. I do friends hair at home
    occasionally.

    Second, some people will say they didn't overheat their pans, but
    I've seen the way some people who have said that cook, and their
    pans look like do do, discolored with grease burned all over them.

    Third, I buy nice things, and dont' buy cheap pans from dollar
    general or wal-mart. I buy pans that cook with minimal heating.

    Fourth, I have gotten birds from people dirt cheap because they
    were plucking, or biting, or whatever, and rehabilitated birds to
    find them new homes. Let me tell you, all my birds are in good
    health with no respiratory problems. I've turned pluckers into
    fully feathered friends so dont' tell me I'm endangering my birds
    health. Do you think I'm so stupid as to turn an oven on selfclean
    with all the windows in the house closed? With or without teflon,
    that is stupid.

    So before you start blaming ALL nonstick products on these deaths,
    look at the individuals using them because usually they are not
    telling you the entire story. Or their just using cheap crap.