Re: QUAKER PARROTS
Posted by Dave on 1/07/07
On 1/06/07, Tina wrote:
> Can anyone tell me other than another quaker parrot what
> cage mate a quaker can have. We have a very young female
> and she comes from a huge family of birds and is now alone
> and although she is a very happy and friendly girl she
> might like a cage mate such as a budgerigard (budgie) or
> canary????? any knowledgeable suggestions for me please
> Thanks Tina
It's not a good idea to put any other bird in a cage with a
quaker. The reason that she's happy and friendly right now
is because she's alone and an owner can stay friends with
the quaker when it's alone. Another bird will only bring out
the quaker's natural aggressiveness towards you and the
other bird. The quaker's naturally loudness will only get
louder. Any training you've done with the quaker will
diminish. Another bird that's larger than the quaker is sure
to be attacked. They enjoy injuring larger birds and the
harm done is usually serious because they don't let go when
biting. It's something to think about. If you want another
bird, get one, and put into a cage next to the quaker.
Quakers are not the type of parrot that needs a cage mate.
Even if some people have had success in doing that, they're
definitely in the minority---Dave
Posts on this thread, including this one
- QUAKER PARROTS , 1/06/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by audrey.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by Dave.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/08/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/08/07, by tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/09/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/09/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/10/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/10/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 8/13/08, by sniffer.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 8/14/08, by Connie.