Re: QUAKER PARROTS
Posted by Tina on 1/07/07
On 1/07/07, Dave wrote:
> On 1/06/07, Tina wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me other than another quaker parrot what
>> cage mate a quaker can have. We have a very young female
>> and she comes from a huge family of birds and is now alone
>> and although she is a very happy and friendly girl she
>> might like a cage mate such as a budgerigard (budgie) or
>> canary????? any knowledgeable suggestions for me please
>> Thanks Tina
> It's not a good idea to put any other bird in a cage with a
> quaker. The reason that she's happy and friendly right now
> is because she's alone and an owner can stay friends with
> the quaker when it's alone. Another bird will only bring out
> the quaker's natural aggressiveness towards you and the
> other bird. The quaker's naturally loudness will only get
> louder. Any training you've done with the quaker will
> diminish. Another bird that's larger than the quaker is sure
> to be attacked. They enjoy injuring larger birds and the
> harm done is usually serious because they don't let go when
> biting. It's something to think about. If you want another
> bird, get one, and put into a cage next to the quaker.
> Quakers are not the type of parrot that needs a cage mate.
> Even if some people have had success in doing that, they're
> definitely in the minority---Dave
Thanks for the feed back - no i do not want another bird as my
quaker and i are very close and spend alot of quality time
together and we are great friends and she is very trusting of
me - i was just wondering if they got lonely and needed a cage
mate but due to the great feed back i now feel she is happy as
she is with me and thats all i want for her Thank you so much
for the great thoughts and ideas and info
Posts on this thread, including this one
- QUAKER PARROTS , 1/06/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by audrey.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by Dave.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/07/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/08/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 1/08/07, by tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/09/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/09/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/10/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS/Tina ? , 1/10/07, by Tina.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 8/13/08, by sniffer.
- Re: QUAKER PARROTS , 8/14/08, by Connie.