Re: need help with leg band
Posted by Connie on 4/17/07
On 4/17/07, L wrote:
> You could contact The Quaker Parrot Society, they have a rescue
> group who might be able to help you either by helping to contact
> the breeder or finding a good home for him/her should you not
> want to keep him/her.
> n 4/15/07, kellygirl43232 wrote:
>> After handling him a little, the number part of the band says
>> 102, not 103. I did some research and found the name of a
>> breeder in Florida (the initials on the band) named Red Tail
>> Express, Inc. I cannot find a number or anything on them. It
>> says they only sell parrots to pet stores. I did some
>> research on the numbering systems on the leg band, and since
>> the last two digits are 02, this means he was probably hatched
>> in the year 2002. He was found in Columbus OH on March 26,
>> 2007. He is a standard green quake parrot who cat call
>> whistles. That's all he's said so far, but I've only had him
>> for 4 days as I was not the one to find him.
Hi... I just took the band off of my Quaker when I got him. I have
alot of experience with birds and figured that he's my bird and I
wanted it off. I clip his wings myself so he's not going anywhere.
You can tell how old he is by his behavior, size etc. among other
things. Later.. Connie
Posts on this thread, including this one
- need help with leg band, 4/13/07, by Kelly.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/15/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/15/07, by kellygirl43232.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/17/07, by L.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/17/07, by Connie.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/17/07, by kellygirl43232.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/20/07, by LindaC in OK.
- Re: need help with leg band, 4/29/07, by Baxter.
- Re: need help with leg band, 7/15/07, by Carolyn.