Re: baby canaries:
Posted by shanicua on 6/30/07
On 6/29/07, Bob wrote:
> On 6/29/07, stefani wrote:
>> this is my first time owning a pair of pet canaries. The
>> female laid her eggs, she sat on them but im worried if i
>> check them she wont want to take care of them anymore. She
>> threw one egg out but i'm not sure if it is only the egg
>> shell. Help. Also i think the babys hatched but the female
>> is off of the nest for a period of time and then goes back
>> to sit on them is that normal. Should she still sit on the
>> babys after they have hatched or does she not, only feed
> Well another unprepared breeder is at it again.
> What ARE you feeding the parents so that they can feed the
if the egg she threw out is broken, its only the shell. if is
not, the chick has not been born. is normal for the female be
off the nest for a little time because she has to eat in order
to fed the chicks. it she is out off the nest for a longer
period of times, she is not feeding properly the chicks.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- baby canaries: , 6/29/07, by stefani.
- Re: baby canaries: , 6/29/07, by Bob.
- Re: baby canaries: , 6/30/07, by shanicua.
- Re: baby canaries: , 7/02/07, by jq.
- Re: baby canaries: , 7/02/07, by Bob.
- Re: baby canaries: , 9/04/07, by Libby.
- Re: baby canaries: , 9/04/07, by Bob.
- Re: baby canaries: , 9/05/07, by what about Bob.