Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again
Posted by Tim on 7/06/04
On 7/04/04, damian wrote:
> I hate to say it tim ,but you speak with a whole lot of
> ignorence.first of a great amount of species have been saved from
> captive breeding (such as the edwards pheasant which are now
> in the wild due to deforestation and over hunting) Should we give
> up our breeding programs and lose more species?i like to see
> imports to keep a diverse blood lines. some of the imports that
> have stopped because of cites have to close of blood relations and
> may soon be lost because of it.the only reason we have to deal
> it is because of people with ignorence of what is really
> happening.May if you knew what was going on you may start feeling
> bad about the lives you guys ruin my stealing peoples bird to free
> them or the schools you burn for ignorence.sorry for being so
> but this issue has caused nothing but greif because you think
> one should have thier rights ripped from them
> On 6/15/04, Tim wrote:
>> On 6/12/04, Jerry wrote:
>>> On 6/10/04, Tim wrote:
>>>> On 6/08/04, Andrew Doan wrote:
>>>>> I've just recently visit a pet shop here Southern
>>>>> California and talk to the owner about softbills bird. He
>>>>> mention that the US will open up the bird trade again.
>>>>> wonder if anyone here know if this is true or not.
>>>> I sure hope not!!! We have already done enough damage to
>>>> the wild populations.
>>> The bird trade was never closed! What gave you that idea?
>>> Softbills and finches have always been coming in. It is only
>>> the parrots that were generally banned, and not even all of
>>> those. Only CITES species of PArrots (most species) and CITES
>>> species of Softbills (very few)were banned, and you can still
>>> import the banned ones with a Coop permit.
>>> Furthermore, the bird trade has not done damage to most of the
>>> wild populations. Those populations that are in trouble are
>>> there because of habitat destruction.
>> Birds belong in the wild not in a cage. Stop all imports!!!!
Sorry, but I would rather be dead than be stuck in a cage for the
rest of my life (and I am sure if the birds could talk they would
agree). You idiots that think you are helping the birds are so
egotistical that you can't see the forest due to the trees in front
of you. Think about it from the individual bird's point of view
morons. Spay and neuter, its not just for pets, its for people like
Posts on this thread, including this one
- US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/08/04, by Andrew Doan.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/08/04, by Roland Cristo.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/09/04, by Toby.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/09/04, by Michael L.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/10/04, by Tim.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/12/04, by Jerry.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/15/04, by Tim.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/15/04, by canarysaurusrex.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 6/26/04, by Jerry.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 7/04/04, by damian.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 7/06/04, by Tim.
- Re: US Starting To Open Bird Trade Again, 7/06/04, by Jerry.