Follow us!

Post: Brock died eating string off this cage swing

Posted by valerie Smith on 7/29/11

(1) Comments

    My name is Val, My Brock was 2yrs only jenday sunconure,
    his mate Nana, He was my life I am disabled and he filled
    my life 24hrs a day we were together,he became listless
    for 6 days, went to the doc, antibotics, xrays, showed
    ruptured colon, He ate string that had silver plastic hair
    like braded swing in his cage that I bought at the bird
    store, Little did I know he was eating it for a while. It
    was all caught up in the stomach and cut off the colon, 6
    days he suffered at the end I held him most all the days
    but, he died in my hand, I felt his last breath touch my
    face, he looked so sick at the last minute he opened his
    eyes really wide to look at me, and went into cardiac
    arrest, his head went back and his wing stretched out, and
    never came back, I was screaming , My baby died in my
    hands because I didn't have enough knowledge about toys
    that can fray, especially the ones with silver treads in
    it. So my story is painful, and I am sobbing writing this,
    but want to let someone like me to know what can happen.
    because of my not knowing I lost my best friend., Nana is
    very lost, she is not as personable like Brock was but now
    we need careful Brock God will take care
    of you nowóż Please don't let this happen to your loved
    one, my notknowing has taken my heart away!

Posts on this thread, including this one
  • Brock died eating string off this cage swing, 7/29/11, by valerie Smith.