Follow us!

Re: Is sage safe/Fruit Fly Repeller

Posted by Kate on 1/17/07
(7) Comments

    Hmmmm...Thanks Dave!

    I will most certainly check it out this weekend. If it works, I will
    be forever grateful! :) There's only so much cleaning of the cages a
    person can do before they start to go crazy!! lol lol

    It's off to the hardware stores for me!

    Thanks again!

    On 1/17/07, Dave wrote:

    > =======================================================
    > There's an item that's made by different companies, comes in
    > different strengths and can be used both indoors and outdoors (
    > larger models are used outdoors). The item is used for regular
    > flies, fruit flies, mosquitos and moths and many other flying
    > insects.
    > This item can be purchased at garden shops, large dept stores such
    > as Home Depot or Lowes which have garden sections. It's known as a
    > Bug Stinger or Bug Zapper depending upon the company.
    > I'll give you a rough description but it's best that you actually
    > see the item. First off, you would need the small size which is
    > used indoors and has a special type 7 watt flourscent bulb. This
    > item is shaped differently depending on which company makes it.
    > It's a hard plastic square or rectangular or cone shaped frame
    > that has slots in it and has an electic wire grid inside of it.
    > The grid surrounds the bulb. The light attracts the flies. It
    > flies through the outer frame to land on the bulb. It must get
    > through the grid and when it tries to, it touches the grid and the
    > bug is then electricuted.
    > The item is bird safe because the bird can't get into the frame.
    > When the larger ones are used outdoors, the small wild birds hang
    > around so that they can eat any of the dead bugs that drop to the
    > ground. When the item zaps moths, frogs come around to eat the
    > dead bugs. I have 3 of these items, all in different sizes and
    > it's been extremely successful in keeping all types of flying bugs
    > away.
    > But as I said, it's best to go and look at the item in the store.
    > A small zapper will cost between $13 to $15.
    > You would simply have to place the zapper in an area opposite to
    > the birds that will draw the flies to it, indoors or outdoors------
    > ---Dave