Follow us!

Re: Bringing a parrot across the border?

Posted by Aunt Bea on 8/27/07
(6) Comments

    On 8/17/07, Jack wrote:
    > Hello, I live in Canada. I was wondering if with the
    > proper paperwork/indentification/heath exams, etc if it is
    > possible to bring a parrot from the United States into
    > Canada.
    > I heard that one could obtain a "pet passport", for
    > temporary visits. But I am wondering if it is at all
    > possible to buy a bird from the United States and bring it
    > into Canada permanantly, and if so what would the
    > procedure be?
    > I am very interested in a species of parrot, that I can
    > not find in my area. It would either be to have it
    > shipped within Canada (I am not too fond of shipping) or
    > there is a breeder who is a reasonable driving distance
    > away across the border.
    > Is it possible to buy the bird in the US and bring it into
    > Canada with the proper paperwork or is it next to
    > impossible.
    > I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm thinking its
    > not very possible to do so, but figured I'd ask anyways
    > Thanks.
    If you have a pet that can be documented and have existing
    vet records then you can bring it into the US and then beck
    to Canada. Other than that the only way is to find a back
    road and drive over the border. BTW, That happens all the